The Keller ISD CTE Department hosted our annual Advisory event, Vision 2020: Education in Focus, on Thursday, October 24, at the Keller Center for Advanced Learning. This evening provided us with an opportunity to recognize our valuable GEMS Partners for their generous support of our internship/externship programs.
With over 200 teachers, district representatives and community partners in attendance, the event allowed participants to learn about new initiatives in Keller ISD CTE and participate in networking and information sessions with KISD CTE teachers and administration about curriculum, instruction, program needs, and future industry demands.
The event was catered by our students and instructors in the Culinary Department, and attendees were encouraged to bid on silent auction items provided by students, staff and local partners. Through generous bids, over $1500 was raised for the new CTE Booster Club.
Advancement Advisor Newsletter: November 2019
CTE Vision & Mission
Keller ISD's Career and Technical Education (CTE) program is nationally recognized!
We credit this success to strong support by KISD's Board of Trustees and Superintendent in providing resources necessary for quality programs for KISD students.
We will provide a comprehensive program that prepares our students for post-secondary endeavors through rigorous curriculum, relevant experiences, and lasting relationships.
In partnership with the community, we will inspire, empower, and educate every student to excel in a diverse, global society for life-long success.
Our Goals: Collaborate - Innovate - Educate
- To help our students identify career interests that are related to a career cluster, to develop an educational plan, and to select a logical sequence of courses prior to enrollment in a KISD CTE pathway.
- To offer each student career learning experiences and certification opportunities prior to graduation.
- To provide each student with the academic and technical skills needed to pursue additional education (technical school, community college, college, or university).
- To provide each student with the understanding and knowledge that ethical behavior and work place skills are integral to successful employment.
- To incorporate new and emerging foundation skills needed to perform tasks proficiently at current business and industry standards.
Executive Director of Student Advancement
Dr. Robert Wright
Director of CTE
CTE Community Engagement Coordinator
College and Career Readiness Counselor
CTE Technology Specialist
201 Bursey Rd., Door 6
Keller, TX 76248
Get Social With Us:
Are you following our social media story at #CTEinKISD? If not, you should be!